Lincoln Northeast Cheating / Plagiarism Policy
1. Students will receive due process: The teacher has a private conversation to explain what
they observed and to get the student(s) perspective about what they did. The teacher listens to
their “gut” and determines if they believe the student was cheating or not. If the teacher has
reasonable belief that the student was cheating, they send the student to the office.
2. Students will receive consequences – administration assigns in-school suspension. The
student completes a brief writing assignment tied to the six pillars of character and reviews
this assignment with the administrator.
3. Teacher calls home and informs parents.
4. Students will develop exit strategies – capstone writing experience, which will be reviewed
with the alpha administrator or with the administrator on response.
5. Students will have the opportunity to save face – they will be expected to complete the
original assignment or an alternative assignment or form of assessment, for full credit.
Designed to Create Academic Integrity