• Make sure to check the LNE website weekly for important updated senior information.
• Continue to obtain information about careers that interest you. Visit the Counseling Center, use books, talk to people, job shadow, look on-line, etc.
• Stay in touch with your counselor. If your schedule changes for any reason, check with your counselor to make sure you are still on track for graduation.
• Go on a couple of campus visits and envision your senior year being your very best academic year ever at LNE!
• Use EducationQuest’s Junior/Senior Timeline to plan steps for your future.
• If you are a senior…you have until graduation to complete GoPo (Government & Politics) hours. However, if your hours are not complete by the time your class ends, you will receive an incomplete (Inc) on your report card. This means you are not eligible for Honor Roll/Letter/7 Semester Honor Roll.
• It is YOUR responsibility, if you are transferring from outside LPS, to provide documentation regarding Honor Roll from another school to be eligible for LNE 7 Semester Honor Roll. Do NOT wait until the last minute to address this issue.
Seniors and Free & Reduced Lunch Benefits
Do you qualify for Free/Reduced lunch? If you do…
• All Lincoln Public School students who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch during their senior year are eligible for up to two (2) ACT Test Registration Waivers.
• These students are also eligible for the Learn to Dream Scholarship (free tuition up to 60 semester credit hours) at Southeast Community College (Lincoln, Beatrice or Milford campuses).
• Generally, students who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch during their senior year are also eligible for College Bound Nebraska (tuition waiver at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Omaha and Kearney campuses) and College Advantage (tuition waiver at Nebraska State Colleges – Peru State College, Wayne State College and Chadron State College).
• Students who qualify for Free/Reduced lunch may also fill out a fee waiver towards their cap and Gown!
The Free & Reduced lunch application is about more than lunch so don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application!! Visit
the LPS webpage today to submit your application to check your eligibility.
Senior Pictures and Yearbooks
• Senior Photo: Seniors can replace their school portrait with a Senior Photo of their choice. The photo must meet specifications outlined on the LPS Yearbook Photo Information page. Submit by October 31st. Use jump code GYPL at lps.org to access additional information and to submit your photo. **Seniors must submit their yearbook photos through this webpage, not the community uploads page above.
• Senior Ads: Parents and friends can buy senior ads to leave personal memories and messages to seniors. This can be a special and fun surprise for graduating seniors that personalizes the book. You can include senior photos that didn’t meet the specifications for the portrait section, baby photos, or other treasured memories. Prices for ad space start at $40. Please purchase and submit by December 31st using jump code RMYX at lps.org.
Cap and Gown Ordering
Northeast works with Lincoln Graduation to provide you with graduation announcements and the ordering of your cap & gown. This year, a representative from Lincoln Graduation will have a table at Rocket Ready Days for a limited amount of time to answer questions and take orders. Beginning with the class of 2020, all graduates will wear a black cap and gown. Lincoln Graduation will be at Rocket Ready Days at the following times:
|Tuesday, July 30th||1:00 to 3:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, July 31st||1:00 to 3:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, August 8th||1:00 to 6:00 p.m.|
Lincoln Graduation will be here multiple times over the year for your convenience, but you can also place your order online at www.lincolngradutation.com
12th First Day of School for freshmen and new students; PLC dismissal at 2:05 p.m.
13th Second day of school for ALL students; PLC dismissal at 2:05 p.m.
14th PLC dismissal at 2:05 p.m.
16th Registration deadline for Sept. 14th ACT
2nd NO SCHOOL-Labor Day
14th ACT Test at LNE
19th Homecoming Football Game
20th Homecoming Dance, 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. – all fines must be paid before purchasing tickets
22nd College Fair 1:00 to 3:00 pm
25th Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
27th Registration deadline for Oct. 26th ACT
8th Education Quest Financial Aid for Seniors 8th – 9th Lincoln Graduation available during
lunch for cap & gown orders
16th National Honor Society Induction 7:00 p.m.
End of 1st quarter
17th – 18th NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
8th Registration deadline for Dec. 14th ACT Test; final registration for seniors.
20th Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
27th – 29th NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Break
14th ACT Test at LNE
18th – 20th FIRST SEMESTER FINALS
20th End of 2nd quarter and 1st semester; Winter Break begins at 3:00 p.m.
7th Second Semester begins
10th Registration deadline for the February 8 ACT Test
14th – 15th Lincoln Graduation available during lunch for cap & gown Orders. Last order date before prices increase.
20th NO SCHOOL-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
8th ACT Test at LNE
29th Registration deadline for April 4th ACT
6th End of 3rd quarter
9th – 13th NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
18th Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
30th Deadline to turn in S/U grading forms for 2nd semester classes. Students receive an “F” for any class dropped after this date.
4th ACT Test at LNE
PROM – all fines must be paid before purchasing prom tickets
10th NO SCHOOL
21st Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
TBA Delivery of graduation announcements
1st May Day Program
8th Registration deadline for June 13th ACT 14th Senior Honors Program – 7:00 p.m.
15th Senior Breakfast – 7:15 a.m.
19th – 21st 2ND SEMESTER FINALS
20th Senior Meeting and cap & gown pick up: All fines must be cleared prior to pick up
21st Last day of school
24th GRADUATION – 12:00 p.m. at Pinnacle Bank Arena
All dates are subject to change. For the most updated information please see the LNE website.