Important Upcoming Dates
- April 1st – 7th
- Prom ticket Sales, commons during lunch and after school
- April 4th
- LNE Slam Poetry Performance, 5:30 p.m. at The Bay
- STUCO Feminine Product Drive Begins, will run through April 29th
- April 5th
- State ACT Testing for 11th Grade – 8:00 a.m.
- No school for 9th, 10th & 12th grade students
- April 6th
- NHS Dodgeball Tournament, 6:00 p.m., North Gym
- Vocal Music Spring Concert
- April 7th
- US Navy Visit – LNE commons during lunch
- April 9th
- Northeast Prom
- April 13th
- Air Force Visit – LNE commons during lunch
Voter Registration Drive
- Air Force Visit – LNE commons during lunch
- April 15th
- No School
- April 20th
- Parent Teacher Conferences – 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. In-person, walk-ins welcome
- April 21st
- LNE Food Market – 3:00 p.m. Commons
- April 29th
- No School
Important Senior Information
Voter Registration Drive
In order for this voter registration drive to be student run, we need student volunteers!
We will be having the Lancaster County Chief Executive Commissioner coming to LNE on April 12th during PLC time to train any students that would like to volunteer some of their time to run the voter registration drive and get their peers registered to vote. Those students who get trained will help run the LNE Voter Registration table on April 13th during the school day. For more information, visit with Mr. Nevarez.
Cap & Gown Orders
Northeast works with Signature Graduation to provide you with graduation announcements and the ordering of caps and gowns. If you order apparel on the website, your apparel should arrive within two weeks of your ordering date. Otherwise, you will receive your other products sometime later in the year when all items are available to ship out. Your orders will be sent directly to the address you choose. Please visit https://signaturegraduation.com/ for more information.
Free & Reduced/Fee Waiver Cap and Gown Information
If you qualify for Free & Reduced lunch, please see Mrs. Ourada in the Main office to ask about the fee waiver process to get a cap and gown at no cost.
If you place an order through the online ordering system with Signature Graduation BEFORE you submit a fee waiver, you will not be able to get your money back.
For your planning purposes, the LNE Class of 2022 will graduate at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Saturday, May 28th, 2022 at 3:30 p.m. We look forward to celebrating your student’s final year at Lincoln Northeast!
Prom is fast approaching and students who have outstanding fines and fees will not be able to purchase tickets from Prom. We encourage all students to check their fines/fees and get them paid or return overdue materials before tickets go on sale in April.
State ACT Testing for Juniors
All juniors will take the ACT Test for the Nebraska State Assessment on Tuesday, April 5th, 2022. This test will be paid for by the district and students will register for the test at the school about 2 weeks before testing begins.
Testing begins at 8:00 a.m. Students are asked to bring a photo ID (student ID), #2 pencil and a calculator. Please do NOT bring electronic devices (cell phone, ipod, smartwatch, etc). Food, drinks, and electronic devices are not allowed in the classroom.
LNE Prom Updates
- LNE Juniors and Seniors are invited and are allowed 1 guest/date per person. Students will register their guest/date with LNE when they purchase their tickets. Guests must be in high school or be under 21 to attend.
- All fines and fees must be paid or a plan must be in place prior to ticket purchase. A fines/fees letter will be sent to any students with outstanding fines/fees at the beginning of this month. We encourage all students and parents to check their student’s fines and fees through Parentvue prior to the week of ticket sales to ensure they have addressed any issues. If you need to make a payment plan, please call the Main Office and we will put you in touch with your student’s administrator. If you already have a fee waiver plan or previous payment plan in place and have no other fines or fees your student WILL be able to purchase a ticket.
- Prom tickets are $20 and will be sold during lunch and after school beginning Friday, April 1st. Sales will end on Thursday, April 7th.
Great news! Students can now pay outstanding Synergy fees from StudentVUE! The students can log into StudentVUE, click on the Fee tab on the left, and then click the blue Pay Fees button at the top. That will open a new window to MySchoolBucks, where they will be able to enter payment information to pay for their fees. Functionality has not changed for parents, this is just newly added access for students.
From the Counseling Center
A representative from Hastings College will be in the Counseling Center this Wednesday (April 6th) at 12:15 p.m. Stop in to check out this great college!
Youth Leadership Lincoln is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 cadre. YLL seeks emerging student leaders to develop their leadership skills and provide opportunities to learn about the community. Applications are available in the Freshmen 2025 Google Classroom.
NHS Dodgeball Tournament
The National Honor Society is hosting a Dodgeball Tournament next Wednesday, April 6th, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Sign-up sheets and team rules are posted outside Room 112. Please sign your teams up no later than this Friday, April 1st.
Attention student web designers!
The Northeast Athletic Booster club needs your help! We need a couple of students who are knowledgeable in WordPress to help revamp the Booster club website. If you are interested, or want more information, please send an email to Coach Hansen at email@example.com
Student Council Applications
Northeast Student Council is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year!! Visit jumpcode BPG6 to submit an application. All applications and teacher recommendation forms must be submitted by midnight on April 29th in order to be considered for an interview. We look forward to accepting new members!! Email Mrs. Kocik for more information.
Upcoming Poetry SLAM
The LNE Slam Poetry team has a performance here in Lincoln on Monday, April 4th at 5:30 p.m. at the Bay. They would love to see some rockets in the audience. Good luck to all our poets!
Stuco Feminine Hygiene Drive
The student council is putting on a feminine product drive. This is a drive where you can donate personal care supplies for women in need. There will be boxes around the school to donate. We will take donations of body wash, deodorant, feminine products, and other personal care supplies. We will not accept open or used products. The drive will start April 4th and go through until April 29th.
Summer Job Opportunity
LPS has another great experience for students this summer: working on the LPS Summer Crew! This is a great opportunity to work for one of Lincoln’s largest employers and gain experience for a resume.
The Summer Crew that LPS assembles each year works all across the district on maintenance and special projects. Workers have the potential to work at the district’s distribution center or with various maintenance teams from electrical, grounds, HVAC, painting and plumbing. Wages start at $10.94 per hour.
Work begins when school is out and continues until school starts again in August. Students can plan on 40 hours per week, complete with a 30 minute lunch and two paid 15 minute breaks each day.
Summer School Online Registration
Online registration begins:
- Seniors: April 11th
- Juniors: April 18th
- Sophomores & Freshman: April 25th
Links will be posted in Google Classroom.
CLC Club Schedules
- Monday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Rocket House (Library): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Cooking Club (052): 7th
- Slam Poetry (110): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- ACTivate (Library): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (236): 7th
- Tuesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m. (*PLC start time 2:15 p.m.)
- Board Games* (Library): 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
- Esports (011): 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
- FEWS2* (Library): 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
- Cedars* (commons): 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th
- Wednesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Rocket House (Library): 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
- D&D (224): 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
- Auto Club (056): 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
- Korean Culture Club (111): 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
- Campus Life (151): 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
- Afghan Cultural Exchange (202): 30th
- Thursday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Esports (011): 10th, 17th
- Rocket House (Library): 10th, 17th
- FEWS2 club (Library): 10th, 17th
- PRISM club (250): 3rd, 17th
- Friday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Board Games Club (Library): 4th, 11th, 18th
- Step Chain (Commons): 4th, 11th, 18th
For the most updated announcements, your student can view a LIVE version of the Rocket Weekly on their Google Classroom.