Important Upcoming Dates
- January 9th
- Show Choirs – Premier Night, 7 pm, LNE Auditorium
- January 16th
- MLK Jr. Day – No School
- January 17th
- Spring Play Tryouts, 3:00 pm, Room 107
- January 26th
- LNE Food Market, 3:00-3:45 pm, LNE Commons
- January 27th
- PLC Early Release Schedule
- February 2nd
- Student Council Blood Drive
Important Senior Information
- What is a Senior Ad? Traditionally it is a section in the yearbook that includes a senior’s baby photo, a current photo and a personal message from the person(s) who purchased the ad. It can also be a way to celebrate a team or group of friends.
The person who purchases the ad gets to select the photos and the message. (All messages do need to meet our publishing guidelines.) If you have questions about the message, please contact Ms. Oquist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click Here for Examples!
- How do I create a senior ad? Use jumpcode RYY2 and select “Purchase a Senior Ad.” There will be three options – “Have the School Design My Ad,” “Design My Own Ad Online,” and “Upload My Finished Ad.”
- “Have the School Design My Ad” – Submit your photos, captions, and a message, and the yearbook staff will put it together for you.
- “Design My Own Ad Online” – You get to choose the layout, fonts, & colors. You’ll upload your photos and be guided through the process.
- “Upload My Finished Ad” – If you or someone in your family is skilled with design, you can submit a .jpeg of a finished ad.
You’ll then be guided to the payment page, where you can confirm and purchase your ad. Any ads must be purchased by January 15, 2023.
- How much is it? Prices for ad space start at $40. Please purchase and submit by January 15th, 2023 using jumpcode RYY2 at lps.org.
Cap & Gown Orders!
Seniors, the Signature Graduation website is live and ready to begin taking orders for your caps and gowns!
- How Do I Place My Order? Go to https://signaturegraduation.com/ You will be able to order your cap, gown and tassel as well as other items to commemorate your Senior year. Your order will ship to the address of your choosing. All orders will be taken online.
- Can I Order Apparel? Yes! If you order apparel (t-shirts and hoodies), typically it will ship to you 7-10 days after you place your order.
- When Can I Order? You can order online NOW until May 17, 2023. Make sure to place your order before February 1, 2023 as there will be an added fee after that date.
- When Will I Receive My Order? We will ship your order to you as soon as all items are packaged. Depending on items purchased it could be spring before your package is received. You will receive an email with tracking information to the email you provide on your order. Please watch your email for that information so you know when your package is coming.
Feel free to email Signature Graduation at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Free & Reduced/Fee Waiver Cap and Gown Information
If you qualify for Free & Reduced lunch, please see Mrs. Ourada in the Main office to begin the fee waiver process to get a cap and gown at no cost. If you place an order through the online ordering system with Signature Graduation BEFORE you submit a fee waiver, you will not be able to get your money back.
Need assistance with the Financial Aid process?
LNE partners with EducationQuest to provide FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion assistance. Visit the counseling center for more information.
For your planning purposes, the LNE Class of 2023 will graduate at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Sunday, May 28th, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. We look forward to celebrating your student’s final year at Lincoln Northeast!
Please take the time to check your fines and fees and ensure that you have all overdue books or materials returned before the end of the school year. If you need to make a payment plan with your administrator, visit the main office to get that process started.
Musical and Music Department Updates
Questions? You can contact us!
- Mr. Caberos (Choir) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Cypher (Orchestra) email@example.com
- Mr. Gillespie (Band) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Thorpe (Choir / General Music) email@example.com
Show Choir Competition Shows
The LNE Show Choirs will premiere their competition shows for the 2023 season this Monday, January 9th at 7pm! Dynamix, Voices ‘N’ Harmony, and the Show Band “The Kookaburras,” will perform their sets for the first time in the LNE Auditorium before competing at five competitions across Nebraska this year. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door or using the jumpcode PTYO. You won’t want to miss out on these exciting shows!
Dungeons & Dragons
LNE Dungeons and Dragons Club has limited openings for our Spring Campaigns. If you are interested in playing or learning the most popular Tabletop Roleplaying Game and did not participate last semester, please speak with Mr. Andersen in Room 224 before the end of Friday, January 13. Club meets on Wednesday afternoons, from 3:15 to 6:00 pm.
LNE eSports Club is welcoming all to come and join us in room 011 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 to 4:45 pm. Whether you already play a game, or would like to learn one, the current off-season is the best chance to get into form! We compete in Rocket League, Smash Brothers, League of Legends, Starcraft, and Mario Kart. Any questions, please talk with the German Teacher, Mr. Andersen.
FEWSS Afterschool Club Activities in January: Tuesdays & Thursdays in January, we have indoor garden beds that need to be put together and that need to be planted! And we have funds to create signs for our outdoor garden. Come join us if any of these activities interest you. Meet in the media center after school, Tuesday and Thursday.
Prom is right around the corner. Remember to check your fines/fees and watch your attendance so you can attend the dance.
Spring Play Tryouts
The Lincoln Northeast Theatre Department would like to invite all students to try out for the Spring Play “Lady Spider” on Tuesday, January 17, after school in the Drama Center, Room 107. No theatrical experience is necessary. Sign-ups are in the Drama Center, Room 107. Please ask Mr. Chapman in Room 107 or Mr. Anderson in Room 315 if you have any questions.
It’s not too late to purchase a 22-23 Northeast Yearbook. Yearbooks are $75 and can be purchased using the jumpcode RYY2. If you would like to submit candid student photos for the yearbook, use jumpcode BEPB.
Star Tran Buses
Starting October 17th Star Tran will resume charging for transportation.
- Low income passes are $8: see the LNE bookkeeper for more information
- Daily cash fare is $1.25