Important Upcoming Dates
- September 12th
- NHS Runza Fundraiser: 4:00—8:00 p.m.
- September 14th
- Fall Honors Convocation – 6:00 pm in the North Gym
- September 19th
- Homecoming Spirit Week! Class Color Day
- 1st Day of Homecoming Dance Ticket Sales
- September 20th
- Homecoming Spirit Week! – Dress like a Snapchat filter Day
- 2nd Day of Homecoming Ticket Sales
- Senior Meetings – *More Detailed Information to Come!
- September 21st
- Homecoming Spirit Week! – Dress like a Teacher Day
- LAST DAY of Homecoming Ticket Sales
- September 22nd
- Homecoming Spirit Week! – Rocket Pride Day!!
- Announcement of Homecoming Court and Royalty Finalists
- Rocket Food Market – 3:00 – 3:45, Northeast Commons
- Parent Teacher Conferences – *see details in Announcements
- 3:30-4:30 pm Zoom ONLY
- 4:30 – 6:30 pm Walk-ins ONLY
- September 23rd
- Homecoming Spirit Week! – Dress like a Superhero or Villain Day
- Homecoming Game Vs. Lincoln HS – 4:30 pm @ Seacrest Field
- Homecoming Dance – 8:00 – 11:00pm @ LNE
- September 28th
- Lifetouch Picture Retake Day – 8:00am – 1:00pm @ LNE
- September 30th
- CAP Enrollment Deadline *see details in Announcements
- October 4th
- LNE College Fair: 12:30 – 2:30pm
- October 5th
- NHS Induction Ceremony – 7:00 pm LNE Auditorium
- October 17th & 18th
- FALL BREAK – NO SCHOOL
- October 22nd
- National ACT Testing
- October 27th
- ASVAB Testing – 9:00 am *Visit the Counseling Center for more information.
- October 28th
- Accuplacer Test – 12:15 pm in the LNE Media Center *Use jumpcode – RFPF to sign up today!
- October 31st
- SENIOR PICTURE DEADLINE
Important Senior Information
The Northeast Counseling Center will be holding Senior Meetings on September 20th during the school day. Stay tuned for more information!
Senior Picture Deadline
Seniors, the last day to submit your Senior Picture for the yearbook is October 31st.
- What is a senior photo?
- Seniors can replace their school portrait with a portrait photo of their choice. Come to room 132 to see examples.
- General recommendations: a head and shoulders photo of you with a simple background, no props, and high digital quality. Specific requirements can be found at the jump code.
- How do I submit a senior photo?
- Use jump code GYPL at lps.org and upload your photograph in its highest resolution/size. Photos must be submitted through this webpage by Oct 31, 2022! Any photos received after this date are not guaranteed to be included in the yearbook.
- How much is it?
- Free! Though some families elect to get professional photos taken at their own cost.
- What is a Senior Ad? Traditionally it is a section in the yearbook that includes a senior’s baby photo, a current photo and a personal message from the person(s) who purchased the ad. It can also be a way to celebrate a team or group of friends.
The person who purchases the ad gets to select the photos and the message. (All messages do need to meet our publishing guidelines.) If you have questions about the message, please contact Ms. Oquist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click Here for Examples!
- How do I create a senior ad? Use jumpcode RYY2 and select “Purchase a Senior Ad.” There will be three options – “Have the School Design My Ad,” “Design My Own Ad Online,” and “Upload My Finished Ad.”
- “Have the School Design My Ad” – Submit your photos, captions, and a message, and the yearbook staff will put it together for you.
- “Design My Own Ad Online” – You get to choose the layout, fonts, & colors. You’ll upload your photos and be guided through the process.
- “Upload My Finished Ad” – If you or someone in your family is skilled with design, you can submit a .jpeg of a finished ad.
You’ll then be guided to the payment page, where you can confirm and purchase your ad. Any ads must be purchased by January 15, 2023.
- How much is it? Prices for ad space start at $40. Please purchase and submit by January 15th, 2023 using jumpcode RYY2 at lps.org.
Cap & Gown Orders!
Seniors, the Signature Graduation website is live and ready to begin taking orders for your caps and gowns!
- How Do I Place My Order? Go to https://signaturegraduation.com/ You will be able to order your cap, gown and tassel as well as other items to commemorate your Senior year. Your order will ship to the address of your choosing. All orders will be taken online.
- Can I Order Apparel? Yes! If you order apparel (t-shirts and hoodies), typically it will ship to you 7-10 days after you place your order.
- When Can I Order? You can order online NOW until May 17, 2023. Make sure to place your order before February 1, 2023 as there will be an added fee after that date.
- When Will I Receive My Order? We will ship your order to you as soon as all items are packaged. Depending on items purchased it could be spring before your package is received. You will receive an email with tracking information to the email you provide on your order. Please watch your email for that information so you know when your package is coming.
Feel free to email Signature Graduation at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Free & Reduced/Fee Waiver Cap and Gown Information
If you qualify for Free & Reduced lunch, please see Mrs. Ourada in the Main office to begin the fee waiver process to get a cap and gown at no cost. If you place an order through the online ordering system with Signature Graduation BEFORE you submit a fee waiver, you will not be able to get your money back.
For your planning purposes, the LNE Class of 2023 will graduate at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Sunday, May 28th, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. We look forward to celebrating your student’s final year at Lincoln Northeast!
Please take the time to check your fines and fees and ensure that you have all overdue books or materials returned before the end of the school year. If you need to make a payment plan with your administrator, visit the main office to get that process started.
The National Honor Society is raising money for a blanket drive for the People’s City Mission. You can help by going to Runza on 56th and Holdrege next Monday, September 12th from 4:00-8:00 p.m. 10% of ALL ORDERS go to the Lincoln Northeast NHS chapter! So dine in, take out, or drive thru to help the NHS raise funds. We can’t wait to see you there!
Student Lifetouch Pictures
Lifetouch student pictures have arrived! If you purchased pictures, Students can pick them up from the Main Office. We also have student picture proofs for each student who took a lifetouch picture but have not yet ordered.
Mark your calendars! Our Latino Leadership group, Joven Noble, will meet 7th period in room 236 on Wednesday September, 21st. Joven Noble means “Noble Youth”. This Youth Leadership development program focuses on encouraging youth to pursue their academic and life goals by providing them interaction with successful role models through educational workshops. There will be a workshop every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Please see Mrs. Hernandez in room 236 to join!
Parent Teacher Conferences
The first night of Parent Teacher Conferences are right around the corner! Conferences will be held on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 from 3:30pm to 6:30 p.m. Please note the following
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Zoom conferences only. Teachers will be available via zoom on a first come, first served basis for those families who are not able to attend in person. Individual teacher Zoom links will be posted to the LNE website the day of conferences.
- 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Walk-ins only. In-person conferences will be held in individual teacher classrooms.
Rockets assemble! It’s time to suit up and discover your inner superhero for Northeast’s hero themed Homecoming week! The Homecoming Game and Dance are on Friday September 23rd. Dance tickets will be sold during lunch and after school beginning Monday, September 19th through Wednesday, September 21st. Students must be in good standing in order to purchase tickets and attend the dance. That means that by September 16th, students must be passing at least 6 classes and have fewer than 50 tardies and/or 21 truant periods.
It’s not too late to purchase a 22-23 Northeast Yearbook. Yearbooks are $75 and can be purchased using the jumpcode RYY2. If you would like to submit candid student photos for the yearbook, use jumpcode BEPB.
Student Attendance Reminders
Here are some helpful reminders for reporting student attendance:
- Report a whole day’s absence through ParentVue! You can submit a whole day’s absence the day of the absence or in advance. Please do not submit early dismissal or partial day absences through ParentVue as we only check this periodically throughout the day.
- Call us the night before and leave a message! You can call our Attendance Office anytime, day or night, and leave a message about your student’s absence. This is especially helpful for early dismissals. The sooner we know about an early dismissal the better.
- Should you need your student out at the last minute, we are always happy to help. Please know that there are times that a class is outside, at lunch or working somewhere else in the building and it can take time to track down your student. We ask for your patience in last minute situations.
- Trust us, leave a message! We know it can be difficult to leave a message about your student’s absence or concerns about an absence. If you leave a detailed message, our staff will get your student’s attendance entered. We ask that you trust this process as we don’t have time to call back each parent and confirm that we received your message. If you request a call back for further information, it is possible that you might not get a call back until the next day. As always, feel free to contact the Main Office if you have any immediate concerns if the Attendance Office line is busy.
To reach the Attendance Office, please call (402) 436-1303 Option #1
CLC Club Schedules
Want to sign-up for a club? Use jumpcode G1BM to sign up today!
- Monday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Rocket House (Library): 12th, 19th, 26th
- Cooking Club (Starting 2nd Quarter)
- Slam Poetry (110): 12th, 19th, 26th
- Tuesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m. (*PLC start time 2:15 p.m.)
- Board Games Galore* (Library): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- Esports (011): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- FEWS2* (Library): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- Kaleidoscope Club* (138): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- IRL²* (202): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
- Wednesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Rocket House (Library): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- D&D (224): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Auto Club (056): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Korean Culture Club (Library- 131): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Campus Life (151): 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- Thursday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Esports (011): 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Rocket House (Library): 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Yezidi Club (Library): 22nd
- FEWS2 club (Library): 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- PRISM club (250): 15th, 29th
- Friday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Board Games Club (Library): 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- Step Chain (Commons): 9th, 23rd, 30th
- Pin Pong Club (West Gym): 9th, 16th, 30th
For the most updated announcements, your student can view a LIVE version of the Rocket Weekly on their Google Classroom.