Important Upcoming Dates
- September 29th
- LIFETOUCH Picture Retakes – During the school day
- September 30th
- Parent Teacher Conferences – 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- October 5th
- LNE Financial Aid Night
- October 5th – 7th
- Apply To College Days
- October 6th
- National Honor Society Induction – 7:00 p.m.
- October 7th
- Choir/Orchestra Showstoppers Concert – 7:00 p.m.
Important Senior Information
UNL, UNK & UNO Applications
September 20 through October 1 – The $45.00 application fee for UNL, UNK. or UNO is being waived! Use code NUforNE to receive the application fee waiver. See your school counselor if you have questions.
A College Fair will take place at LNE next Tuesday, October 5th in the Center Gym. Over 40 colleges will be represented. Students MUST register to attend and sign up for a barcode by this Friday, October 1st. Registration information is in Google Classrooms 2022 & 2023.
Next Week is Apply2College Week! Check out information in Google Classroom 2022!
The FAFSA application opens this Friday, October 1st. Plan to attend LNE’s Financial Aid Night on Tuesday, October 5th at 6:00 PM to learn about the FAFSA and other financial aid for college!
Friday, October 1st is the DEADLINE to complete a late registration for the October 23rd ACT Test.
Cap & Gown Orders
Northeast works with Signature Graduation to provide you with graduation announcements and the ordering of caps and gowns. If you order apparel on the website, your apparel should arrive within two weeks of your ordering date. Otherwise, you will receive your other products sometime later in the year when all items are available to ship out. Your orders will be sent directly to the address you choose. Please visit https://signaturegraduation.com/ for more information.
Free & Reduced/Fee Waiver Cap and Gown Information
If you qualify for Free & Reduced lunch, please see Mrs. Ourada in the Main office to ask about the fee waiver process to get a cap and gown at no cost.
If you place an order through the online ordering system with Signature Graduation BEFORE you submit a fee waiver, you will not be able to get your money back.
For your planning purposes, the LNE Class of 2022 will graduate at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Saturday, May 28th, 2022 at 3:30 p.m. We look forward to celebrating your student’s final year at Lincoln Northeast!
Use the SENIOR PICTURES link or use jump code GYPL to learn more about how to submit your Senior Yearbook photo. Photos must be submitted through this webpage by October 31, 2021! Any photos received after this date are not guaranteed to be included in the yearbook.
Use jump code RYY2 and select “Purchase a Senior Ad.” There will be three options – “Have the School Design My Ad,” “Design My Own Ad Online,” and “Upload My Finished Ad.” Choose your option and follow the prompts.You’ll then be guided to the payment page, where you can confirm and purchase your ad. Any ads must be purchased by January 15, 2022.
Lifetouch Picture Orders
We still have a few picture orders for students to pick-up in the main office. These are pictures that your parent(s) or guardian(s) ordered and paid for.
We also have Lifetouch picture proofs for most students who had their pictures taken but did not place an order. If you are interested in picking up your proof, we will have those in the Main office through the end of this week.
Use jump code BCB1 to sign up for an appointment today!
Lifetouch Picture Retakes
Students, picture retake day is Wednesday, September 29th during the school day. We will be calling students down in alphabetical order by last name and we encourage any students who have NOT had their picture taken by Lifetouch to please do so. This picture will be in the yearbook and we would like all of our student body to have a nice picture.
American Mathematical Contest
All students who are interested in participating in this year’s American Mathematical Contest need to either sign up with their Math teacher or with Mr. Eckman (room 301) by Thursday, September 30th.
Counseling Center Updates
- Juniors –Junior Meetings will be held in the Auditorium this Thursday, September 30th. Students will be dismissed via intercom announcements. Attendance will be taken at each session. Juniors who are at TCA, Arts & Humanities, or Science Focus, attend a session that works in your schedule.
- 2nd Period – Last names A – D
- 3rd Period – Last names E – L
- 5th Period – Last names M – R
- 6th Period – Last names S – V
- 7th Period – Make-ups
- Juniors & Seniors – A College Fair will take place at LNE next Tuesday, October 5th in the Center Gym. Over 40 colleges will be represented. Students MUST register to attend and sign up for a barcode by this Friday, October 1st. Registration information is in Google Classrooms 2022 & 2023.
- Juniors & Sophomores – Register for the PSAT Test which will take place on Saturday, October 16 at LNE. The PSAT is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Competition. The registration deadline is Oct. 8th in the LNE Counseling Center. Juniors with financial need can receive a fee waiver.
- Wesleyan Honors Academy – This Friday, October 1st is the deadline for students to sign up for dual credit through the Wesleyan Honors Academy.
STUCO Thank you!
The Northeast Student Council would like to thank all who signed up to donate, or were able to donate blood at our first NCBB Blood Drive. Thanks to our donors, we were able to collect 26 units of blood and reach 100% of our goal (already improving from last year!).
We obviously could not have done it without our Northeast students. We appreciate you so very much!!
Please mark your calendars for our next blood drive on December 7th. We look forward to meeting our goal then, too. Go Rockets!!
Honors Convocation Packets
Any students who were unable to attend the Honors Convocation ceremony last week, we have a certificate packet for you in the Main Office. Please stop by at your earliest convenience.
The Yearbook staff is busy making the yearbook, and we have some updates for you!
Please share your photos with us! If you or your student would like to submit any other photos (NOT senior photos) to the yearbook, please use jump code BHYR (submission does not guarantee that the photo will be in the yearbook, and senior photos must be submitted to the senior photo website).
To use a jump code, go to lps.org and type the jump code into the search bar. You will be redirected to the appropriate website.
September CLC/Club Schedules
- Monday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Writing Club (110): 13th, 20th, 27th
- Slam Poetry (110): 13th, 20th, 27th
- Anime (TBD): 13th, 20th, 27th
- Tuesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m. (*PLC start time 2:15 p.m.)
- Esports (011): 14th, 21st, 28th
- Art Bus* (Outside): 14th, 21st
- Culture Club* (202): 14th, 21st, 28th
- Wednesday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- D&D (224): 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Latinos Unidos (236): 15th, 29th
- GSA (250): 15th, 29th
- Anti-Bullying (TBD): 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Auto Club (Auto Shop): 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Thursday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Esports (011): 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- Friday: Start Time 3:15 p.m.
- Campus Life (011): 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- Anti-Bullying (TBD): 10th, 17th, 24th, 1st
- Environmental Club (Media Center – Office D): 17th, 24th, 1st
For the most updated announcements, your student can view a LIVE version of the Rocket Weekly on their Google Classroom.