GRADUATING CLASS OF 2019
LINCOLN NORTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL MAY 2019
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2019
This is an exciting time of year for Seniors. Below you will find some important information to help you plan as you complete your senior year:
- SENIOR MEETING – the senior meeting will be held in the Center Gym on Wednesday, May 22 at 11:30 a.m. Seniors need to attend this meeting to learn of important details regarding the ceremony.
- CAP AND GOWN: Distribution of cap, gown and tassel will take place on Wednesday, May 22 at the end of the senior meeting in the center gym. Seniors owing fines will pick up their cap, gown and tassel after payment has been made to the Bookkeeper who will be available in the center gym.
- COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY: The Northeast High School 2019 Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Bob Devaney Sports Center at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 26. Seniors need to arrive at Devaney between 6:30 and 6:45 p.m.; please enter through door 10 into the track area on the west end. Please leave all personal items, including purses, at home as there is not a secure location for them. Cap and gown should be worn with appropriate dress clothing.
- LOCKER CLEAN-UP: Leave the lock on your hall locker. All students will be expected to clean their lockers of all personal items prior to the last day of school on May 23. Chromebooks will be returned after 4th period finals or by May 23 if you do not have a 4th period final; textbooks must be returned to the teacher who issued the book. All items left in lockers will be discarded at 12:00 p.m. on May 23.
- PE LOCKS: PE locks must be returned to the teacher who issued the lock. All items left in lockers will be discarded at 12:00 p.m. on May 23.
- FINES: Students who have unpaid fines will not receive their diploma at the ceremony, it will be held at school until fines are paid. If you owe fines, a current list is included in this letter. Please return books and materials to the teacher who issued them or pay fines to Mrs. VanEngen in the room 102. Fines include Chromebook damage or loss, textbooks, items checked out from the Media Center, project bills, ID fines, PE locks, parking fines, elevator keys, activity equipment and athletic equipment. FINES MUST BE CLEARED BY 3:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 22.
- All academic work needs to be completed and the green Senior Information Card/Final Transcript request needs to be returned to the Counseling Center.
- SENIOR HONORS PROGRAM: The Senior Honors Program and reception is scheduled to be held on Thursday, May 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the Northeast Performing Arts Theatre.
- SENIOR BREAKFAST: The Senior Breakfast will be held on Friday, May 17 at 7:15 a.m. in the North Concourse. Breakfast is free for all seniors and, traditionally, the staff of Northeast High School has served breakfast to our seniors giving them a special time to visit with you.
Additional information will be provided at the senior meeting or contact Associate Principal Mr. Weatherholt at 402-436-1303, option 2.
**Immunization records will be included with the senior information packet that seniors will pick up with their diploma; Lincoln Public Schools does not store these records for future reference.