Student Parking Information
Student Parking Information
As we get closer to starting our 2019-2020 school year, it is time to start thinking about student transportation. For our student drivers, our number one goal is to provide a safe, orderly and positive parking experience for all our students. As a result, LNE is making important changes to our parking policy that will go in to effect at the beginning of 1st semester (August 2019).
You can view the 2019-2020 parking lot map here.
Download the 2019-2020 Student Parking Application and Guidelines
New Parking Policy: Effective August 12th, 2019
- To park in the LNE Student “Green” Lot, each student must purchase a 2019-2020 parking permit for $5. Students who have fines or fees will not be eligible to purchase a parking permit until they are resolved.
- Parking permits will be available to all 11th & 12th grade students ONLY.
- Purchasing a student parking permit does NOT guarantee your student a spot. The student parking lot is first come first served. Purchasing a parking pass is an agreement between the student and the school to follow all LNE parking rules and regulations as laid out in the LNE student handbook. Students should plan accordingly to arrive at school with enough time to find parking. We will not excuse late arrivals because of a parking issue.
- Students may only park in the designated Student “Green” Lots. These lots will be clearly marked with new signs reflecting our policy change.
Consequences for Violating LNE parking policies
- On the 1st violation, a written warning will be placed under the windshield wiper of the vehicle in violation. This written notice will serve as the only warning to the vehicle’s driver. The vehicle license plate # will be recorded in the LNE Main Office.
- On the 2nd violation, the owner will receive a parking ticket for $10. All parking fines can be paid in the Bookkeeper’s office during regular school hours.
- On the 3rd violation, the violating vehicle will be towed from the LNE parking lot, at vehicle owner’s expense. The cost to retrieve a vehicle from the impound lot at Capital Towing ranges from $110 to $140.
To enforce permit parking in the student “Green” lot, we have been given permission by district administration to tow vehicles that are in violation of LNE parking rules and regulations. Over the summer break, district officials will install new signage, informing of this parking policy change. The signs will state:
Permit Parking Only. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at vehicle owner's expense.
Towing enforced on school days from 7 am - 3 pm.
Please contact Capital Towing, 402-475-7676, for information regarding towed vehicles.
You can help us enforce these new policies by talking with your student about the new expectations, letting them know that you expect them to comply with the new LNE parking policy and supporting all consequences for policy violations.
Please call our school office at 402-436-1303 with questions you may have about this policy.