For our student drivers, our number one goal is to provide a safe, orderly and positive parking experience for all our students.
Student Parking Guidlines for Green Lots
- All vehicles parked in a student lot must have a parking permit.
- Student parking will be available, for a fee, to all eligible Juniors and Seniors on a first come, first served basis.
- Student must be a junior / senior determined by Northeast High School.
- Student must have cleared all fines / fees owed to Lincoln Public Schools and Northeast HS
- Student must have a valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Student must submit the Parking Application form which must be filled out and signed by both the student and parent / legal guardian.
- Student must pay a one-time yearly, non-refundable $5.00 usage fee, due at time of registration.
- Parking permits are limited and sold on a first come, first served basis at the beginning of the school year.
- The parking decal must be properly attached to the inside of the rear window, in the lower right corner. It is the student’s responsibility to be sure the decal is visible. Loosely attached or taped-on decals are not acceptable.
- Parking decals are non-transferable. If a student wishes to change the vehicle to which they want the decal attached, they must visit the main office.
- Temporary parking decals will not be issued. If a student needs to drive a different vehicle other than the one for which the permit was issued, that student must report this to the main office prior to the beginning of their school day. Failure to do so will risk the student’s vehicle being ticketed and/or towed.
- Juniors/Seniors applying for a parking permit must understand that purchasing a permit is an agreement between the student and the school to follow all LNE parking rules and regulations as laid out in the LNE student handbook. The student lot has limited parking spaces. If the student lot is full, then students must park on the street. Students should plan accordingly to arrive at school with enough time to find parking. Students who choose to leave campus for lunch risk losing their parking place when they return. We will not excuse late arrivals because of a parking issue.
- Tickets for Students in violation of LNE parking regulations will be issued as follows:
- 1st violation the student is issued a WARNING ticket.
- 2nd violation the student is issued a $10 ticket. Tickets may be paid in the LNE bookkeeper’s office.
- 3rd violation the student vehicle will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Tickets will be issued for violations and may result in the vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense. Violations include but are not limited to:
- No valid parking permit decal or improperly displayed decal.
- Parking in the Staff “Pink” lot, Visitors lot or other RESERVED areas.
- Illegally parking in a designated fire lane, bus or loading zones.
- Parking in a reserved area, crosswalk, driveway or in a no parking zone.
- Occupying more than one parking space.
- Parking in a handicap space; this is also a city parking violation and is monitored by the LPD.
- Any vehicle parked on Lincoln Public Schools property is subject to be searched based on suspicion of violation of school rules or criminal offense.
- Any student who finds that the $5 usage fee causes a financial hardship should contact Mr. Runyan for assistance.
- Parking in the student lot is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can be terminated by the Northeast Administration for Lincoln Public Schools rules violations including excessive truancies, tardies and school misconduct.
All student parking on our LNE campus will be confined to the Main Student Lot and smaller West Student Lot.
The District / school is not financially responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle if / when it is towed.